Friday, August 7, 2015

Neo Tamarind


I should stop doing this. It is just my luck.

A few years back, I was introduced to dine at the Tamarind. So I made reservations to a fancy dinner. Upon arriving only did I realized I booked the wrong one. But as I stood at the doors of the Tamarind Springs, it was a blessing in disguise. The place was awesome. Great cuisine, great ambiance, great setting. A splendid dining experience.

This time around, after having found the right occasion, I made reservations at another Tamarind. And upon arriving at the bottom of the steps, I found myself repeating history. It was the wrong one again!

Instead of the Tamarind Hill, which has been the target from the start, I found myself beneath the sign of the Neo Tamarind. And as with the first time, I had missed the entrance and it took me quite a while in getting it located. What embarrassment. Why does all the Tamarinds have to be that secluded?

Well, perhaps seclusion is what makes it special. And for that reason it fascinates me. For you see, Neo Tamarind is situated on a small hill in the middle of the city and hidden by green foliage. It boasts another great setting and great ambience, perfect for a tranquil dining night.

While the Tamarind Springs offers Indochinese cuisines, the Neo Tamarind serves Asian-European ones. I must say that flavours from both places have been to my liking. It was finger licking good. If we hadn’t been that stuffed, we would have licked the plates clean.

And I was very much captivated by our glass lounge seating, where we faced the swaying trees while we savoured in the delights that was presented to us.


stairs heading up 


our table 

cool, eh?

interior seating

bar area





 

appetizers

main courses



The evening had been wonderful. Cozy, quiet, great food, great companion and a great environment. We could do more nights like this.

There is just one last Tamarind restaurant to dine in. I will definitely not get it wrong the next time.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com