Friday, May 7, 2010

The amusing and annoying side of Malaysians

There are just too many stories to tell from my recent European tour. It's not about the places or the sceneries or the foreign architectures. You can look those up in Wikipedia itself. These are the stories where Wikipedia could not relate. These are the stories where you've got to experience them in person.

Malaysians are a real humurous bunch. It is both amusing and annoying to mingle with them.

The boastful ones...
Aunty 1: "Wow! You got yourself 4 different types of Louis Vuitton bags. They must have costs a bunch!"

Aunty 2: "Aiyaaa...it's nothing. My company awards me a 5 figure bonus every year. That's why I can afford to come to Europe maaa. I am a huge fan of Louis Vuitton. I don't go for other cheap ones. You leh? You didn't even buy one?"

(That's the same aunty who bargained for lower prices at the Rolex shop in my previous entry.)

The cocky ones...
Me : "Uncle, didn't you buy these tasty Belgium chocolates?"

Uncle : "Ceh, these are unknown brands. No one knows for sure if they are tasty. If I bring them back to KL, no one would even try them. We only eat famous chocolate brands. So no point."

(Uncle's wife came out of the chocolate store with one bag fully loaded of that unknown chocolate brand.)

The complaining ones...
Uncle 1 : "OMG! This soup sucks! It tastes nothing like those back at my hometown! Why didn't the tour agency arranged better meals?"

Uncle 1: "Goodness! This vege is so darn salty! Didn't they realise we are old and can't take much salty food? Didn't the tour guide inform them?"

Uncle 1: "Why do they keep serving us bread and butter? Don't they have any other things to eat? I'm sick of bread for breakfast every morning."

(Uncle oh uncle, if you don't like it then don't come to Europe. Or better still, go get your own food!)

The overly-kiasu ones...
Mum : "Lets get back to the meeting place. I don't want to miss the next programme."

Daughter: "But mum, we are allowed 2 hours for our own sight-seeing. Only half an hour has passed."

Mum : "Hmmm, okay then. Let's just stick to this street. I'm afraid we'll get lost if we venture further."

Daughter: "What? But there are more things to see on the next street. It's not really that difficult to find."

Mum: "Just do as I tell you to!"

(What's the point of travelling then? Just stay at home. Poor daughter.)

The calculative ones...
Uncle 1: "Wow! I have to pay 0.50 pounds to use the restroom. That's like RM2.50! So expensive! I'll just wait till I get back to the hotel."

Uncle 2: "Did I see that wrongly? The mineral water costs 1.50 euros? That's RM6.60! Why is plain water so expensive?"

Uncle 3: "We got to pay 130 euros for that cabaret show? That's almost RM600! No! No! No! I'm not going to watch that!"

(C'mon! If you were to calculate everything like this, you won't even need to go to Europe. Stay back in KL, everything would be cheap. You could afford 2,000 euros for a LV bag but not 1.50 euros on mineral water? Give me a break!)

...And the tour guide
"Oh! I left your entrance tickets back at the hotel. Please wait for a moment. I'll get fresh tickets."
(We wasted almost 45 minutes by the entrance doing nothing.)

"They must have changed the subway lines. I remembered this line would take us straight to the destination. But I guess now you all would have to walk a little."
(We walked alright. We switched trains and walked around the underground subways for almost 45 minutes, unable to board the right train.)

"The driver has exceeded his working hours. So we got to cut short our sight seeing time. Now please hurry and finish your meals."
(I'd rate her 2 out of 10 points for this remark. This is so unacceptable! You deal with the driver on that. Never comprimise your customers!)

And so you see. Malaysians. They define themselves. By the way they talk and act.

I seemed to be having a grudge on my own people just after a week. I can't help it. No offense out there. I seriously can't help it.

3 whispered:

Michelle said...

San San~~~
i just laugh all the way through!!!
hahahaa!!!!
You really have a "memorable" trip! =P
hehehehe....

*~fui~* said...

a very "memorable' one indeed!

LP said...

haha - nice one.

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com