Monday, December 27, 2010

Bitter

The one thing I learnt today, is to count on no one but yourself. If you hoped that someone would be there to lend a hand or to save your day, you can keep on hoping. To wait for help to come would be like waiting for rain in a desert. It would be so much better to deal with it on your very own.

They are all so full of lies. Hipocrites on their own being. Families and friends alike. And you can leave those who doesn't fit into the 2 categories, out. They always have this to say, "You can count on me." "You can be rest assured that I always be by your side." "You do not have to worry, for we will always be there for you." Or "Just buzz anytime, we'll always make time for you." Total bullshits!

In times of real trouble, in times of dire need, just how many would be there by your side, holding your hand and guiding you step by step? Just how many would pick that call and come straight to your aid? Face the fact. Humans being humans, are always that self-centred. It's always me, myself and I and no one else.

I will be there if there's something to my benefit. If it's not, then to hell with you. Never mind that I've said that I will always be there for you. Yea, I'll be there alright, if I won't be in a detrimental situation. Who are you for me to waste my time and effort for? So what if you're a family or a friend? In the very end, of course the most important person to me is myself. Not even family. Not even friends. Not even spouses.

The next time you say "You can always count on me", please think long and hard before you say it. If you can't keep the promise, please don't make a dumbass fool out of yourselves.

Yes, I am very bitter here today. Cause I got sick of those phrases, which I fell for all these while. To start of my first new year's resolution, I will count on myself from now on. And I won't be sorry for being self-centred.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com