Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Promotion

Been at it for a about a month now.

It was all made to sound so simple. The higher position. The higher authority. Someone calling the shots. All you got to do is just to give the instructions, make them work it and monitor. If you don't like it, make them re-do it. Wa-laa! Piece of cake!

Yea right! Tell it again when you have a bunch of clowns running around. Giving instructions to a bunch of clowns? Go figure. And worse yet, your neck is on the line for those clowns. So much for the higher position. Why the heck did I agree to do this? What was I even thinking?

For the challenge? To boast with the new title? To see if I could do it? Self-satisfaction? For the better pay? To have more fun?

It had all happened in a flash...

This one fine morning, the superior handed in his resignation. Caught completely by surprise - he had shown no signs of any intentions prior to that. Fine. It was sort of a disappointment to have him leaving. He was one with the sort of skills and knowledge which could be learned from. I was anticipating working with him for a much longer period. Oh well...

And, before his leaving was even being "digested", he dropped another news - "I've named you as my replacement". What? Are you serious? Are you sure? Your position? Am I the "scapegoat" here? I don't even know if I'm capable! So many thoughts lingered.

Before I had all those answered, HIS superior called. After a brief talk, the role was officially offered and without really much consideration, I had accepted! Great. "We'll do the knowledge transfer now and you can start working on this forecast and we are having the team call in awhile, which you are expected to sit in."

Like a wave of a magic wand - whoosh! Suddenly I'd ascended to a whole new level. Dealing with a whole lot of people. From around the world. From top to bottom. Left to right. Dealing with a whole lot of issues. And trying to maintain my sanity in all of these.

Oh yeah! I'm going to have a whole lot of fun alright!


0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com