Saturday, May 31, 2014

Nail Art

I have a habit of biting my nails.

It's a habit I had since I was a kid. It's a habit that all my close friends knew about. Each time I'm stressed out or nervous or just merely deep in thoughts, my nails became the victim. I wasn't able to resist.

Throughout the years, a few have tried to make me quit, but to no avail. I bit, it grew, I bit it again. It's a never ending story.

It got so bad 6 months ago, that a friend of mine finally forced me to this nail parlour to have it "nursed". She was afraid that my fingers might get infected someday and had to be chopped off.

So, there I was, at NailzBlink Professional at Sungai Wang Plaza, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur. The manicurist is a friend of a friend's. At least I'll know that I'll be getting genuine suggestions. She was shocked to see my nails. She was amazed at how I was able to bite the nails that deep in and not feeling any pain. Well, I had many years of practice.


My nails had been so bad that it was beyond "repair". She wasn't able to work on them. In the end, she suggested for nail extensions and that I was to keep using them until my own nails grew. Oh-kay. What else could I say? To further hinder my biting, she would be decorating them with fancy nail arts. Oh boy! "We'll make them all nice and fancy so that you wouldn't feel like ruining them."

I wasn't very keen in having those stickers or jewels or tiny flowers glued to my nails. They'll bring discomfort whenever I use my hands. And I had to be worried about losing them. So I had opted for a nude nail colour for starters. The manicurist was very accommodating to my requests. She gladly picked out the colour and had further suggested for a gel based colour. Apparently, gel based colours had more lasting effects. 

So I had my very first nail extensions done and a simple colour to finish it off. It wasn't that hard working with them. Just that I had to move my fingers a tad slower the first few days.


The extensions needed maintenance. After a period of time, they'll loosen and had to be removed and applied fresh ones. Mine was able to last a month, which was considered a lengthy period. Well, I did managed to take care of them well. :)

So I had different designs done each time I returned to the parlour. Sometimes it was to cater for the certain festival of the month. Sometimes it was for the fun of it. Eventually the colours became bolder and I was more open to experiment them.











Eventually, my own nails grew to a certain length that I was able to remove the extensions entirely. I was pleased at how healthy they grew without me biting them. And I was glad that my urge to bite them was gone. 

My manicurist had done a great job in having them groomed. It has now become a monthly routine for me to have them primed and decorated. It would be a different showcase each month and I love them! :)

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com