Monday, February 15, 2016

The switch

I handed in the laptop, cleared off all formalities, took one last look at the desk and glided out the main door. With a luggage bag in tow, off I went to the airport and so began the 2 week break.

After letting loose in a foreign country and escaping reality, I returned with such a heavy heart. The break was definitely insufficient. I barely had enough to recoup.


Soon enough, I found myself reporting in to work at the new place this morning. In between introductions and briefings and studying reports, I drifted back to the old place and realised how much I missed it. After all, I have been there for over 3 years.

I miss having my daily latte, with the barista greeting me every morning.
I miss having the ease of parking at the dedicated spot.
I miss seeing the fountain and the pond in front of the building.
I miss the view from my desk.
I miss having the mug next to the calendar.
I miss the projects that I started.
I miss the freedom of coming and go as I please.

I miss the comforts of the old routine.

How ironic. It was the old routine that had prompted the change in the first place. It was for a different environment and for a different role that the change was made. And now I'm looking back and wishing that I could have them all again.

Life is truly complicated.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com