Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The break of every make

This line just pop up. Came out of no where. Kinda true. It has always been a fact that what ever being made will be broken. I would like to find an exception to that but nothing has proved me wrong so far. All the on-goings around me have just strengthen the fact further.

I was working late yesterday. I turned around and looked at my fellow colleagues. I turned my attention to the few resignees who are due to leave at the end of the month. My mind can't help but flashes back to the time we met. To the times we worked together. To the times we played. To the times we stressed out. To the times we helped each other out. Then it flashes forward where they would no longer be around. The space they had taken all these while would be empty. No longer will I see them coming through the glass door. No longer will I see them fussing at the printer. No longer will I see them carrying tonnes of files, searching for a seat. No longer will I chill with them during work hours. Time has passed real darn fast. I don't think I'd be able to hang out with them one last time, doing the things we used to do.

My attention then drifted to my current colleagues who were hogging on to their screens, looking at some complicated worksheets. I wonder how long can we sustain the relationship we currently enjoy? How long more before some one spills the decision that they are leaving as well? It's sad to think about it. I ended up packing and headed home. Not wanting to think about the people seated at the hotdesking, both current and soon-to-be past.

It never left my mind. I don't think it ever will. You can't just erase the people who had been in your life. No matter how short a period you knew each other. No matter how far they went away. No matter how long you lose contact. They stay. And in the end, you'll end up missing them. You'd wonder if they are well? If they are all right with where they are? You'd be glad that you've crossed paths with them. At least, once in this life time.

You make something. It breaks. That's when you start treasuring.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com