Friday, October 29, 2010

Still looking back.......

After being gone for almost 8 months now, I still find it hard to leave the life in my previous firm. It's a love hate kind of a thing. And I realize that a lot of those who have left felt the same way too.

We dreaded going to work so much back then due to the impossible deadlines, the demanding bosses, the late nights, the never ending stress and the lack of personal time. Yet, at the same time, we anticipate stepping into the office into the laughter of our team mates, the gossiping sessions in the lounge, the group trips and parties, the team work, the flexible hours and the occasional treats from our bosses.

Looking at the pictures from those who are still there, I get this mixed emotion whereby I was glad that I left and I was glad that I had been part of them. I can't stop bringing up the stories of my previous place to my new colleagues. And some of us still actually take note of the on-goings there. There is a beam of pride some where inside. We pride ourselves in working for a reputable firm. We pride ourselves in surviving the impossible. We pride ourselves in the numerous friendships we made. We pride ourselves that our opinions are still being sought, even after we've left.

Every now and then, we hear complaints from the rest that no where else beats the culture back then. "My staffs are not as competent." "My department doesn't portray the type of team work we had." "My organization doesn't hold annual parties or annual dinners." "My boss doesn't have pep talks with us like we used to." "We no longer have lunch in a large group." etc etc.

Frankly speaking, we miss the ole days. And unless we head back in, it's kind of hard to find another place like it.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com