Saturday, March 26, 2011

On the go


That's gonna be me, sooner or later.

There's a new boss in the office, replacing the previous one. She comes from an auditing background as well, and I feel more comfortable working with her. Like minds think alike. At least, she's more focused, more rational, more decisive, more efficient and much more of a risk taker. I begin to see some light on where the company is headed.

I've just been given new responsibilities. Due to the streamlining of the organization structure, I am to lead 4 departments now, as opposed to only just 1 when I was interviewed. While some of my colleagues have taken pity on me on the increased workload, I see it in a different point of view. I do have the authority now to control a large part of the organization. Yeah baby, bow to me before I approve your funds request! 

With the increase in workload, I've become more than a busy bee. People are looking for me all the time. My damn phone has never stopped ringing. The meeting schedules are endless. The amount of documents to review is piling higher and higher.  More issues to solve. More projects to implement. Call me crazy but I do enjoy the challenges. Not that being hectic and stressed up is something new. I'm a well trained professional.

We have moved to a new office. The place is much larger than the previous one. My room is much larger than the previous one. And I've got a window to it. I've always favoured some sort of scenery while I work. Although there won't be any hills or seaside to enjoy, but at least there would be some trees to look at. So these 2 weeks would be all about packing, unpacking and settling down. And coincidently, my room is painted in light green. Hah!

The financial auditors are coming in soon, for the previous year's audit. I am gonna have a fun time "torturing" them. It's pay back time!

I've not been hanging out as often as I used to. No more Friday night parties. No more Saturday night clubbings. Even the "yam cha" sessions have died down. Either all my friends are busy with their own lives or that I am getting tired. It's no longer appealing to crowd with people in the malls or simply just lepaking. I would prefer to lie in bed all day now and to catch Criminal Minds.

My friends are getting married one by one and my mum is getting more worried for me by the day. Nah, no rush mum. When it comes, it will come. I live by the no strings attached rule.

That's about what's going on the past few weeks. Will update again when something new happens.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com