Saturday, April 13, 2013

Fang-ed teeth

I never had perfect straight teeth all my life. It has always been crooked & fang-ed like. It was an imperfection that had tarnished my self-esteem. All those girls out there have got nothing to hide when they smile. And I used to hold back mine so that my "vampire" teeth wouldn't be too obvious.

Had actually consulted with the orthodontist. I was given the explanation that this happens when the molars crowd the canine, which means I had too many teeth for my jaw to accommodate. Braces would fix it. But that would involve the extraction of 4 other teeth to make way. I didn't like the idea of having my healthy teeth pulled out in the name of beauty. And so I stuck to my imperfection.

But lately, I had been craving for that "perfect" smile. The idea of getting those braces came back. Just when I am in serious consideration of having my teeth extracted, I found out that fang-ed teeth has become an "in" thing in Japan! It has become a fashion trend in Japan!

Japanese women are going crazy over it. They are spending a bomb to have their perfectly straight teeth to be crooked and fang-ed like. It's called the "yaeba" look. And Japanese men loved it! They love the "yaeba" smile of a woman. Unbelievable!

Can you believe that I actually had people coming to me and say, "Oh, you've got those fang-ed teeth!". And I had replied shyly, "Yeah, I was thinking of getting them fixed with braces." "Oh no! You shouldn't! They are so cute!!" I thought I had heard it wrongly. My imperfect teeth, cute? You've got to be kidding me.

Does that mean I can scrap my braces plan now? Or if I still want that "perfect" smile, I can always move to Japan? At least I've got that "yaeba" smile naturally. No cosmetic procedures involved. Guaranteed!


this is cute?

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com