Sunday, December 2, 2007

So, I'll see you around...

I took my car to the car wash earlier and while I was waiting for my 'baby' to be done, I got engaged in a conversation with this fella there. He was driving a Myvi as well, so we came to talk about Myvi cars. Heck! What do I know about cars right? I am not interested in how they work. So long as they are able to get me to where I wanted to go in one piece, I'm fine with it. Yea, you could say that I'm one typical girl. Anyway, I just blurted out what ever knowledge I had about cars just so to get the conversation going.

He came before me and they finished off his car first. As he turned to leave, he said, "So, I'm making a move first. See you around." I merely smiled and nodded back. Then it got me thinking. This is one fella that I've never met and I probably would never meet again. It got me puzzled as to how is he going to "see me around". He didn't know where I lived and I didn't know his place of residence either. Both of us being at the same car wash, at the same time, was just a mere coincidence. I don't think I would want to see him again anyway.

Wonder if people atually do get the meaning of that phrase. Cause from my perspective, it would mean that you are about to take off and there's a very high possibility that you would meet that someone again. Maybe you work in the same place or maybe you frequent the same cafe or something. You might not meet everyday. But there's a possibility that you might bump into each other.

Definitely not in situations where you know 100% that you won't be meeting the person again. It just sends the wrong message out man. But I guess, it would be the appropriate thing to say in this urban culture of ours. A form of courtesy. Whether you know a particular person or not. It does sounds nice and proper. Even though the meaning is misleaded.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com