Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In the name of charity

A spring cleaning activity done a couple of months back saw these lying in the corner of my storeroom. Dating back to the 1990s when I was a tween and then a teen.

My all time favourites. Which I read for countless times.


My Hadi boys' collection. Incomplete.

The horror collection. Which was not scary, after all.

The famous lady.

Children's classics.

These were very good. But I just grew out of it.

Although I hate to part with them, but they still got to go. So I went looking for someone who would appreciate them. First thought was to donate them to my primary school. But they were too rich to accept donations, so my books got rejected. It's your loss!

Another thought was to sell them to second hand book stores. But they didn't accept much children's story books either. Another loss!

An advertisement for a jumbo sale in the papers caught my attention. Hospis Malaysia, a centre here in Cheras for palliative care. They are seeking donations of any kind for a jumbo sale to raise funds to help patients with life-limiting illnesses and their families.

For a worthy cause, I gathered my books and some clothes and drop them off at their centre in Taman Sri Bahtera. It was a good feeling. Although I have no idea who might buy my books, or how the funds received would be used, at least, I've done a little bit for charity. To lend a hand to people in need.

In case anyone would like to donate anything or anyone who is interested to attend the jumbo sale, which is on 31 July 2010, here's the website for further information : http://www.hospismalaysia.org/

Bye bye books! May you end up in good hands.


0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com