Thursday, May 10, 2012

I've quit


Ohh, you've heard it right. Yes, I've quit. Yet again. Let's see...in just about 7 months. That's my 5th resignation in 7 years. People do wonder. "What is wrong with you?" Especially my parents. All my friends had the very same reaction, "What? Again? Gosh! How many jobs have you had already?"

I have my reasons. Although I'm uncertain which weighs more. Or if any of those were really reasons at all. The boss had been too unreasonable. He breached my tolerance level. I was applying my own working style and he couldn't accept that. I was unhappy with the 9 to 5 routine. I felt trapped behind my desk. I felt lost in a profession that got me this far and paid me so well. It was supposed to be a career that could bring me to greater heights but it wasn't the one that I wanted to pursue in the very first place.

And so I've decided to called it quits. Handed in my letter, served the notice period and turned down the 3 counter offers the boss threw my way. I've been out for 2 weeks and I've still not had a clear head yet. I've browsed all the job search websites and have not found anything that interests me in accountancy. I went to the head hunters and told them what I had in mind, hoping that they would be able to find the answer that I couldn't. Only I'm doubting the information that I fed them. Was it really what I wanted?

 I've had so many options. My heart had been directing me into the paths less traveled. My mind had been directing me the other way. I am caught between pleasing society and pleasing myself. Caught between what I should be doing and what I feel like doing. There wouldn't be a balance. It would have to be either one.

It's a decision that has been lingering for quite some time. And sadly to say, there have been no answers yet. Am I experiencing a mid life crisis?


0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com