Monday, July 30, 2012

Letting go

As I lay awake on bed, with the mind shifting back and forth to all the people that has crossed paths in my life, the mind paused on him. I had contemplated to pen this, ever since that evening I watched him walked down the aisle. All the memories kept, all the hopes I had, all the fairy tales that I was anticipating, vanished on that same evening. Meeting him, all those years ago, had been what I'd liked to call a little fate. Fate had kept us close all those years. And it was also fate that 'tore' us apart.

I have been holding on for the last decade, refusing to let go, even when he has found someone else. Always wishing for a miracle. Always wishing to turn back time. Always wishing for something to ease the regrets. It has finally ended. Our fate has finally ended. And I have no one else to blame but myself. For it was non other than myself who have allowed it to happen. For it was I who have let him walked off.  I let him walked off without him knowing.

As he made his vow to her that evening, there was nothing more to be done. Nothing more to hold on to. It was finally the time to shake it all off, put it all behind and move on. Yes, it's been long enough. It really is time to move on. And let the memories fade...

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com