Tuesday, November 11, 2008

34th ACCA graduation

Honestly, to me, it is just another one. Just another graduation.

Graduations are supposed to be a prestigous event. You feel proud that you've finally made it. The shimmer of gleam on your loved ones' faces. All the hard work and late nights have all been paid off the moment you step on stage to receive that scroll.

I have been to too many graduations. Mine alone, I've received scrolls for like 5 times throughout my tertiary education. Well, the feeling was kinda good during the first one or two times. I did feel proud of myself. With the robe and mortar board and all. I felt proud that my parents were proud. But as time goes by, after the numerous graduations, I began to feel nothing. No big deal. What was all the big hoo-hah about it? It's nothing really.

My sister's graduation was held last Saturday at the KL Convention Centre. The last one to be attended in the family. Unless, maybe one of us decides to study again. Can be seen that it meant alot for some other people. And their families. All smiles. All full of roses and teddy bears. All full of flashes from cameras. All full of hugs and congratulatory notes. All beaming with pride the moment they were called on stage.

I was seated towards the end of the hall. Listening to the speeches made. Watching the graduates walking up one by one. Looking at all the happy faces during the group photo session. Looking at all the cameras clicking away. Well, not really. I was actually waiting for time to go by so that we can get over with it. I'm such a meanie. But graduations no longer pose any meaning to me. Just another event.

Still, congratulations to all the ACCA graduates graduating this time around. You definitely should be proud.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com