Saturday, December 5, 2009

Gaya senior

You know when I just got hired as a freshie, I tend to look up to my seniors. They seem to be so 'high-leveled'. They are those that are not boss yet but still you call them superiors. They sometimes act like boss and sometimes they don't. They have a style of their own. They have their own clique. "Oh, that's a second year senior for that xxxx job" and people would automatically go "Wow!". Respect is there. For the knowledge that they posses. For the experiences that they had. For the network that they've build up. So whatever it is that they want you to do, you'd obliged. Be it mere photostating or making morning coffee or running upstairs to get a file.

Three years down the road saw me being that second year senior now. I used to be amazed on how I even got this far. Those 'high-leveled' seniors of mine have all left. I woudn't say that I am 'high-leveled', unless juniors these days think so. Yes, I do have a style of my own. And yesterday, I've put it to full motion.

It was raining in the morning and I was feeling lazy. So I went in to work late, at 10.30 am. Since it was Friday, I went out to Hartamas for lunch and got back in almost 3 hours later. Did some admin work a little before I started to slack and gossiped with my fellow seniors. In the mean while, I checked on my juniors and gave them more work to do. Then I continued with admin work before ended up Facebooking. And my boss didn't bother to check on me. Certain privileges are there when you are at this level. =)

You know, recently I found out that we've been labelled as 'gaya'. Me and my gang. Shocking news. I mean, since when were we mean to anyone? We've been nice to everybody. At least I don't make my juniors to get me morning coffee....

4 whispered:

-the observer- said...

I just hope yr junior doesn't know the existence of your blog. XD

*~fui~* said...

no, they don't...
hahhaa

*~fui~* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thor said...

oh really... =]

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com