Saturday, March 31, 2007

I am indeed slim...

Scene 1
(In the elevator)

I entered MM's elevator and saw this middle aged lady inside. The door closed and it was just the 2 of us heading down to the ground floor.

Lady: "How did you managed to keep fit?"

Me: "Huh? (surprised to hear that coming from a stranger and not expecting that she would actually talk to me. You know la, ppl don't usually talk to unknown ppl in elevators.)

Lady: "I meant your figure."

Me: "Oh. Ermmm....." (dumbfounded. not sure as to what to answer her. Coz since when do I need to keep ft? I was born slim. Show off, I know. But hey, for all those that know me, that's the fact, rite?)

Lady: "It's good to start keeping your figure when you are young. Coz when age catches up with you, your weight catches up too."

Me: "Oh really?" (I really didn't know that. Was not trying to act dumb.)

Lady: "Oh yes. Are you in tax?"

Me: " Nope. I'm in audit."

Lady: "No wonder. With all the stress and everything. Even when you work, you need to take care of your health too. Do more exercises. Don't stay up so late. Eat healthy."

The elevator's door opened. The lady walked out hurriedly. Inside, I thank her for her sweet advice. But 10 minutes later, I was munching on McD. ;p

Scene 2
(At a client's premise)

I was heading towards the washroom when I saw the Marketing Manager coming from the opposite direction. Out of courtesy, I smiled and wished her "Good Morning".

Marketing Manager: "Morning. Wah, so small la your waist. So slim."

Before I could answer her, she rushed into her room to picked a call. I continued my way to the washroom. Another compliment. :)

Scene 3
(Still at the client's premise)

I walked past some staffs when one of them saw me. A more talkative one.

Staff : "Aiyoh, so thin la you. No tummy wan."

I stopped to 'entertain' her a little.

Me: "Got la. Just that you can't see oni. You don't have any too wat." (just to make her happy)

Staff: "Of coz la. I got a secret method to keep fit wan you know. Ladies must know how to keep in shape wan ma. Anyway, do you wanna try a new type of coffee? I just bought it from bla bla bla bla......"

The rest of the conversation is irrelevant. And I did tried her coffee.

Scene 4
(Ex-colleagues' outing)

The moment I made my appearance.....

Ex-colleague 1 : "Wow, you really are getting slimmer."

Ex-colleague 2 : "What slimmer? You should say she's getting more in shape dy."

Me : "Is that suppose to be a compliment? Or are you two being sarcastic?" (jokingly)

Ex-colleague 1 : "Of coz it's a compliment. No way we dare to offend you..."

I've been slim all along. Everyone knows that. And I don't put up weight fast. That's one thing I appreciate my body for. And I'm proud of it. No offense to anyone, but as a girl, I think I would prefer to be slim. Some people say I have a nice figure. Some people say I'm too thin. What ever. I like the way I look now. It gives me confidence to be me. I intend to keep it. And I won't hesitate to flaunt it.

I'm happy when people say I look good. Yay!

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com