Friday, February 29, 2008

Dilemma or dilemma not?

I was conveying my dilemmas to Davey the other day. If you even call those dilemmas. And he made one point very clear to me. Reshuffle your priorities or reshuffle your nature. Good one. Now you know my weakness. I never say no. Well, not never. But seldom.

I try to be there for everyone. My family, my friends, and even me colleagues. Anyone needs help, anyone needs me, I'll do all I can to be there for them. I try not to let people down. I try not to disappoint those that matters to me. If they get disappointed, I'll be more disappointed than them. What's wrong with that? I didn't think that it was wrong. Until everyone, and I mean totally everyone, expects something out of me at the very same time. It was then that I realised that I can't possibly do everything.

Davey told me to re-set my priorities. To identify my main stakeholders. To see which party is more important. And put the rest aside. Hah! If I could just do that. I told him, every party in my life, are my important stakeholders. No way I can put them aside. It's just me. I can't change the way I am. I'm just that dumb la. I admit.

Anyway, Davey, thanks for wasting some time to hear me whine. I think I have a better picture of what I am to do now. =p

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com