Friday, May 2, 2008

Flushing my BM away

"In what circumstances does this situation occur?" Translate that to BM please.

I was with this Malay client of mine. I was asking him something on some routine procedure that I couldn't quite understand. That was what crossed my mind half way through the conversation. It came out to be, "Erm...Dalam apa situasi....I mean...Macam mana ini boleh berlaku?" The fella gave me pause and a weird look. Okay. Salah bahasa. Salah tanya. Wrong soalan. I tried again, "Maksud saya, dalam apa kejadian, benda ini akan berlaku?" I can feel that it's lousy still. But he got what I meant.

I just lost it. My head just can't seem to find the right words at that moment in time. So I just blurted out what ever seems appropriate. Yea. I know I'm a Malaysian. Being unable to converse in the national language would be a total embarrassment. But I've not used BM since like...since I left high school! It was English and Chinese all the way then.

Coming to think about it, I did get a distinction on my BM paper. Hey, I excelled in this subject alright? Guess it's time to throw my SPM cert into the bin. Gosh, where am I going to put my face in front of that fella again? Mannn...

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com