Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy tang lung festival

Mid-autumn festival this year was really spent with family and friends. I had voluntarily agreed to offer my place for the celebration this year with my friends. Since all of them were restless and looking for plans for Saturday night. So Piggy came up with this idea that we should play 'tang lung' at MY house. And I said yes.

And it is with this 'yes' that I made ALL preparations by myself. Okay. With some help from mum. Went to buy fresh stuffs from the market. Came back and cleared the house. Got the food ready. Made some extra dishes and my very first red bean 'tong sui'. And my dear friends were an hour late for the 7pm dinner. As usual. Something would be terribly wrong if any of them was punctual. Hah.

Their arrival was sure a loud one. And the noise didn't stop until they left. They sapu-ed all the food that was laid out. Maklumlah, para MPSJ sekalian. Making loads of jokes and craps on the dining table. English lessons konon-nye. Thank God I don't take lessons from you all. You know fully well what I mean.

Then we rekindled our childhood activity of lighting tang lungs and candles out on the porch. But I guess when you are in your twenties, you'd get 'rather' aggressive. We burnt down a few lanterns. Singing and swaying to 'yue liang dai biao wo de xin'. Actually, the guys did that. Hah. I should have post the video up la. It sure was amusing. And not to mention, we had mooncakes. Yummmmm...

And so it ended. This year's mid-autumn fest. Entertaining. TIRING. No full moon. And I got both my friends and my family with me this year. There's nothing more I could ask for. Lolz.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com