Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Jogoya

HK came up with this idea of going for Japanese food for his birthday. Or maybe it wasn't him. Forgotten who actually suggested it but I was kind of reluctant to go with the flow initially. Maklumlah, this Jogoya thing costs about 100 bucks per person and I got like a few birthdays to celebrate this month. Futhermore, did a few shopping sprees and some unexpected expenses came up..hah...financially tight la in short.

But after some persuasions from him and the rest, and some unavoidable temptations, I gave in. So there we were, all lined up in front of the all famous Jogoya even before it opened for business last Monday evening. And I thought we were early, mana tau, there was already a whole long line of other people waiting in queue. "That nice meh?" was the first thing that ran through my mind. And, yes, indeed it was.

Thanks to HK and his booking a couple of days earlier, we managed to get in with minimal disruptions and got a table some where in the middle. A table for 11. Cool decos. Dim lights. And so our madness begun. We tried almost every variety that was laid out that night. CK took oysters after oysters the whole night. WY was all about king crabs. She sapu-ed every single type they have there. Pa went for soft shell crabs. The whole night you'd only hear him asking, "Where's my soft shell crab? Still not here yet?" Dia, on the other hand, went for another type of sea living animal. Fishes. Cod fishes. Bawals. One after the other. SK grabbed a few "gui ling gous" during dessert session. And HK, wow! He took almost everything edible there. Even when the rest of us were stuffed till we can't breathe, he was still feasting on the dishes that the waiter kept bringing to the table. Geng! I take my hat off to you man.

All in all, I guess we spent around 3 hours there. And it was definitely worth it. Tasty till the end. Nothing like any other Japanese food that I've tried. I think if I was not that stuffed, I would have continued further. After all, we qualified for the VIP dishes. Boy, do I really feel like a VIP man! I guess words can't really describe the food and the ambience surrounding it. Pictures might not really get you to imagine it either. So, the best way is to try it out for yourself. And believe me, that 100 bucks is definitely worth spending. Give it a try! And make sure you make bookings in advance. You'd be amaze to see how many people lining up to get in.

Alright, no more buffet for me for the next few months. Damn bloated now.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com