Monday, April 7, 2008

The trend of quitting

It's the "in" thing lately. In the industry I'm working in. Or maybe just in the firm I'm working in.

Unhappy with boss. Tender. Can't take the work pressures. Tender. Can't stand the long working hours. Tender. Unable to meet that stupid deadline. Tender. Can't meet the client's demands. Tender. Increment not satisfying. Tender. Hard to put up with work colleagues. Tender. The job doesn't meet your career prospects. Tender. Getting bored with the routine. Tender. Lost interest and motivation. Tender. Work load too heavy to shoulder. Tender.

The number of resignees surpasses the number of new hires in a particular month. I would say, every month for that matter. I kid you not. You ought to receive some farewell note from whoever every other day. There goes another person. People IN the firm are dying to get out. People from OUTSIDE of the firm are dying to get in. How ironic.

I can understand if someone leaves for the sake of better staff benefits. Higher salaries. Or maybe to get their lives back. You know how this industry could be like. Or maybe they leave to try something new. But the funny thing is, people leave to another firm WITHIN the same industry. Doing the exact same thing! The same work pressures. The same workloads. The same deadlines. The same cultures. The same demands. Then leave for what ya? Doesn't really solve the miseries.

I was a "going concern" issue. Still am. Partly because of all those reasons mentioned above. But mostly due to the fact that I have no passion in this job that I'm in. Not my "thing" la I would say. I did it....well, just for the sake of doing it.

Coming to think about it, the firm is not really THAT bad after all. I mean, it's still a reputable firm. One that alot of people recognises. It gives pride when I hand out my name card, people go "Oh! You are from XXX. Big company. Good prospects." I smiled. Feels good that people acknowledges. I know. I know. Outsiders won't know what is really going on inside. All they see is the surface. But which company doesn't have its flaws? Every where you go, it would be the same. Can you guarantee that the new company your are heading to is perfect from head to toe? Don't you think you'd be disatisfied with something some day? Then what? You run again? Then you'll forever be running.

Ya. I know. Alot of people would argue on that. You won't improve if you don't have demands. You won't improve if you don't compare. Youngsters right? When did you ever hear youngsters stay long in one company? "Running" is what we always do. And it is the young mind that creates the adventurous spirit.

No offense to anyone here. Not trying to target specific people. Just letting out what I think. Cause people tend to take resignations so lightly these days, everytime they talk, it's "Resign!" "Resign!" "Resign!", when some friends I know are having such a hard time securing a good job. Some other friends complained about the worst of their companies. On how they've been marginalised. On all the worries they had. I can be considered lucky from where I stand. And maybe you are too. Sometimes, certain disatisfactions ought to be liberated. Give and take. It's not an easy world out there.

So, before you hand in the letter, think twice. Is this what you REALLY want? Or are you doing it just because everyone else is doing so?

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com