Tuesday, April 7, 2009

35 years later....

Let's see. I'm 25 now. After 35 years, I would be 60. Where would I be then?

- I could be married, have kids and grand kids. And retired, of course. So, I'll most likely be staying at home, jaga-ing my hubby and my babies. Baking lots of cookies, doing gardening, knitting and telling my cucus not to run up the stairs.

- Or maybe I don't want to be retired and end up doing some freelance work like babysitting or tailoring or teaching or maybe write some article for some paper/magazine. And still telling my cucus not to run up the stairs.

- Or I'd lead some multinational organization with billions of funds and multi-projects all around the globe. And you'd see me in Forbes 100 richest people in the world. Okay-lah. I shall tone down a little. Make it Forbes 100 richest people in Asia.

- Or I'd marry some rich fella, inherit his multi-million dollar assets and live up to being a Datin. So I'd be living in this huge mansion, with 5 maids at my feet, touring Europe, having high-teas and spas, cover myself from head-to-toe with designer labels and maybe having a few poodles running around the mansion.

- Maybe I didn't get married, was not successfull, still lived in my parents' place until I checked myself in a nursing home so that some one would watch over me till I heave my last breath.

- Or I could migrate to another country with my man, where we'd live in a cottage by the meadow and sipping tea while taking in the countryside feel and watching the sun sets everyday.

- Maybe I'd get struck with some weird illness that'll leave me bed-ridden till the end of my days.

- Maybe I would still be feeling young and head on to do some back-packing far across some continent. Although, this would seem unlikely.

- I could be down at my favourite kopitiam every morning with my mates and a cup of coffee, discussing about my kids and my pet goldfish and my aching back and about the vege seller at the market and this new kind of music and this new cyber thing that over-threw Facebook etc etc.

- Or I might not even live up to 60.

35 years later, I know I'd be looking at some 25 year old and think of all the stupid things that I did back then. Just like what an aunty did this afternoon when she looked at me and said, "You know, when I was about your age......"

I might regret. I might not.

8 whispered:

-the observer- said...

an intriguing tale. Spellbounding imagination. A must read article.

Lol.

Can't believe u wrote an article based a line of conversation which starts out as 'when i was your age....' *mimicking an ah sam tone.

*~fui~* said...

well, she's this tea lady and i saw this nostalgic look in her eyes...she must have had some story of her own...so it left me wondering what kind of story i'd live to tell...

-the observer- said...

so, are u planning to write a fiction story on that?

thor said...

maybe...u end up married to me,who knows...and stuck wif me for the rest of ur life...wahaha

juz kidding :-P

*~fui~* said...

DT: no. not gonna write any story on it...

Thor: oh, u better be kidding! :)

-the observer- said...

What if Thor is not kidding but disguising his action with that famous 'juz kidding' line? :)

hehe!

*~fui~* said...

boy, u are notti!

thor said...

hehe..sorry big sister :-P

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com