Monday, June 22, 2009

Age matters

To some, age is just a number. But to some others, age is more like a benchmark.

I have to get out of school at 17. I have to get a driver's license at 18. I have to get out of uni at 24. I have to get a job at 25. I have to own a house of my own at 27. I have to be married at 28. I have to reach manegerial level at 30. I have to have babies at 30. I have to save RM 500,000 at 40. I have to retire at 55. I have to have grandchildren at 65. And maybe I have to die at 80?

And then there are the more laid back ones who doesn't give a damn about all these. Why must I do a certain thing at a certain age? You mean I can't learn to drive at 30? You mean I can't continue studying till 35? You mean I can't get married at 18? You mean I can't have my first child at 40? You mean I can no longer go clubbing at 45? You mean I can't die at 20?

Alot of talk has revolved around being in a certain age group. More open minded thoughts would say that you can always do what ever you want at what ever time you want, as long as you still have the desire to do so. More traditional thoughts would say that, "No. No. You can no longer do that. You are already 30 for goodness sake." Age, some what became a barrier in fulfilling dreams.

A "pou chuk" session with Piggy brought up this discussion. Is 25 years of age considered old in one's life?
"Oh my goodness! You are already 25...."
"Oh my goodness! You are only 25...."

What? Meaning? Is 25 young or old? We would think that it depends on how you look at it. If you think that you've gone through a lot and you feel old, then you can consider being 25 is old. If you think that you haven't done much and that your life is just beginning, then you can consider being 25 is young. It's all in the mind. And the way that you were being brought up. And the people you mingle with.

To me, age is just another number. Sad to say, not everyone thinks the same way. And it's hard to convince them otherwise....

And you? What is age to you?

2 whispered:

Mabelicious said...

as long as u dont regret wat u did for this 25 years...its worth it all

*~fui~* said...

well said...

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com