Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sun set

I had the most remarkable view of the sun setting yesterday evening. No. I don't have to hike up hill. Neither do I have to be at some beach to wait for it. All I need to do is stand by the window, and there, at eye level, I get to see the bright, round, orange sun disappeared slowly amongst the mountains.

And the sky. The sky was a perfect blend of pink, orange and yellow colours. Surrounded by dark blue and grey. For that whole 5 minutes, as the sun sets, the view was totally breathtaking. You'd see the sky changes colours without the light of the sun and then gradually, it became pitch black. And from far below, the lights of buildings and streets and cars made the view so much more memorable. The land below stretches for as far as your eyes takes you. As you wander into nothing-ness, you get the company of small flickering lights in between. You'd feel calm. You'd feel at peace. You'd feel like spreading your wings and fly.

Okay. Okay. I know it's not good enough to allow your imagination to run. Never mind. What I saw yesterday was indescribable. And I saw sun set at eye level! Eye level man! It was enough to make my day.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com