Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Competitions

I seriously hate competitions. Not competitions as in contests. But competitions as in people competing with each other on any matter, be it education, career, accessories, wealth, travel, friends, anything!

I see it as pointless. You compete with your relatives. You compete with your firiends. You compete with your neighbours. You compete with your colleagues. Okay, may be I'm a little weird. Or may be I'm just not that competitive. Not that ambitious. I don't get it when someone starts to whine and whine over 10As instead of 11As that her friend scored. Isn't 10As good enough? You'd still get that scholarship. You'd still get into that prestigious university. You'd still be highly regarded by your future employer. You'd still be highly paid. So why all the whining? Why all the jealousy?

A friend has once told me that it's good to compete. "When you compete, you will try your best to win. And to do that, you will improve. Even if you don't win, it will make you a better person. Competition is a good thing, in a certain way". I had agreed with him at first. But along the way, I realised that I totally hated it. I can be a competitive person. But not with people around me, it will be with my own self. I don't out-do the person beside me for that promotion, I'll out-do myself in order to acheive that.

Yes, I can't deny that I do make comparisons with my peers in regards to where I stand. But that's just about it. To move forward, I'll see what is it that I'm lacking and I work on it. I perfectly understand that not everyone could obtain the same results. May be someone got luckier. Maybe someone was smarter. May be someone worked harder. May be someone has got the right connections. It doesn't always mean that you are at the losing end just because you weren't as good as the other person. May be to the other person, you are the source of envy.

I just dun understand why people fail to see that. Wake up and smell the air! Life is never perfect. No matter how hard you compete, no matter how jealous you could be, if things weren't meant to be yours than it wouldn't be. So why waste all that time feeling bad? Learn to make the best out of what you have. Learn to compete with, not others, but yourself. If you win, then you really have something to celebrate about.

I just don't give a damn if you got that huge diamond ring on your finger. I don't even like diamonds. If you know what I mean.

2 whispered:

LP said...

oh yes, diamonds - stone only ma..
xp

*~fui~* said...

yup...
refined stone..but still a stone..
lol~

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com