Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cheapskate but not kiasu

I like Gene's phrase. It's like being kedekut but not in an embarrassing way.

There is nothing wrong in being stingy alittle. After all, we are talking about money. It's a natural reaction to want to keep your own money deep inside your pockets. So, when there's an opportunity to spend less for the same amount of things, it is natural to do so. But please lah, don't do it in an embarrassing way. Mensia-suihkan, as they say.

There was this food promotion. You get a certain percentage off the regular menu for a certain period of time. So, it's no surprise that you see a very long queue at the diner's door. It's not wrong to be in the queue, even though you did not, for once, dine in there before. Everyone wants to try something new right? Right. So I was in that queue.

But, I'd like to say that I wasn't kiasu. Yes, I know that it's a bargain that couldn't be missed. And unlike most people, I didn't bring the whole kampung with me. And together with the next kampung as well. Making the queue miles long. And I didn't barge right in front of the reception with my 2 kampungs of people as if I haven't eaten in days. I didn't cut queues nor did I hog on to the menu for as long as I want. I have maintained my cool and didn't raise my temper to the waiters just because I have been lining up for half an hour. 

Yes, I am cheapskate but definitely not kiasu.

Man! It's utmost embarrasing to be in the same queue as them...

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com