Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ridiculous news feeds

I find it very amusing when ever I log in to Facebook. Scrolling down the News Feeds would make me go "Oh what the heck?"

Although it is pretty normal to lay out your thoughts on your profile, I don't see a reason why certain people ought to spell out their daily lives for the entire world to see.

I'm okay if you want your friends to share your ups and downs. "Just got that promotion" or "Got into an accident yesterday" or "What have you been up to lately?" or "Had an awesome evening" or "In deep disappointment". Something along those lines. These statements would garnered concerns, or words of praise or simply the "Like" sign.

But when people put up, "Cooking prawn mee for hubby tonight" or "Waiting for mum for dinner" or "Oh no, my boy friend is not home yet" or "Still have not taken my bath" or "Going to the zoo later", I start to scratch my head. Then there comes the comments, "You are cooking prawn mee? How sweet~~What ingredients did you use?" And the next 20 comments would be all about prawns, pepper and salt. C'mon!

Facebook is all about keeping in touch with family and friends and to post updates on any special occassions or events. But please, not until that extent that you want to update your friends on your activities every other minute. Please keep certain private matters, private. Not everyone is interested to know whether your boy friend is home or not.

1 whispered:

-the observer- said...

LOL! That's just shows FB is more popular than Twitter. Though i start to dislike that there are some applications that could bridge Twitter and FB. i.e. I made one post on the application and it links to Twitter and FB.

So far, I've managed my Twitter well. Very informative if you know how to control it.

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com