Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lepak-lepak Malacca...again!!!

Under the scorching heat of the sun, 35 degrees maybe, we went to the Taman Buaya, strolled the streets of Malacca town, and ended up at satay celup, with the boiling hot pot in the middle, cramped 9 person around a small table and tonnes of other people waiting around you for a place to sit. DEAD HOT!

I came back with a tan, with sore feet and got this question from my dad, " Just how many times have you went to Malacca?". Good one. Countless times. All one day trips. The same Taman Buaya. The same 'red houses'. The same Jonker Street. The same Ship. The same hot weather. The same museums. The only thing different is the food. This place A is famous for nonya food. This place B's nonya food is better. This place C is the ultimate one for nonya food. In short, I deduced that no matter which place you go, as long as it is in Malacca, ALL the food there is just as famous and just as delicious. So don't be choosy and just pick one.

Although Malacca has been bestowed the honour of being a world heritage, I guess I need to ban the place for the rest of the year. I really have been there too many times. It's losing its appeal to me. And I don't intend to remember our historical city that way. A place that bores me now.

0 whispered:

Blog Archive

About Me

Pampered. Rebellious. Princess.

When words get unspoken...

Copyright © The Voice Within | Powered by Blogger
Design by Blog Oh! Blog | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com